Wednesday 2 January 2008

Happy 2008!

Hello all, and Happy New Year! Hope you all had a fun time over Christmas, looking forward to hearing what you were all up to!

(Fireworks at midnight, NYE Auckland)

We're currently in Auckland, NZ and have been staying with Marty's cousins the O'Hallorans.
(The O'Hallorans)
The past 2 weeks have been spent being chauffered around the city and a bit further afield in the North Island - Rotorua for its mud pools and thermal baths, and Taupo where there apparently was an earthquake while we were there (not that we noticed of course!).

(Maori face carving, Museum of Auckland)

Tomorrow (Thursday 3rd) we're collecting our Camper Van Mark II and squeezing in lots more in the North Island before heading over to the South Island on 12 Jan to do it all again there!

We'll be posting more news and photos as we go along, and love reading your comments as always!! Til the next time, all the best! XX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys. I dont reaaly know how to leave a message on this thing but hopefully this is ok!!!!Hope ye both had a great new year and xmas in NewZealand. Tara and I had an "awesome" Time in Sydney. I just got back to London yesterday.YUK.....I can't believe my holiday is over. I had a great time in New Zealand.Reminded me a lot of Ireland and the UK but in a parallel universe kind of way if you know what i mean. People there are so generous. Where are ye now? Loving the pictures. Will put some up on facebook. Anyway let me know if there is a way i can message ye an other way. Take care.Jess.xxxxx